How to access? "Channels" tab > Select a channel > "Settings" > "Match your product attributes" > Select the field on which to apply a rule > "Add Condition"
What is it?
Use rules to optimise the values that are sent to the channel. You will find:
- Above: the value applied across all products. This relates to the matching operation carried out during the previous stage using "Attributes Matching".
- Below: all rules that affect the current channel field.
- If required, change your "Attributes Matching" settings here.
- You are not required to set a value to be applied across all products.
How does it work?
Add a new rule
Step 1 - "Condition": select the products that are affected by the rule.
Condition is based on the values in your product catalogue, with three items to select:
- The field in your product catalogue where the desired value is located;
- The operator;
- The target value(s).
- Provide the desired value.
- Do you need to refer to a value from your product catalogue? Specify this value and note that the case (upper or lower) and spelling must match exactly.
- Do you want to target several values that are derived from a single field? Enter these values, one after the other, and separate them using the "pipe" character (|).
- Is your condition based on a comparison of two fields? Call up this field dynamically using the dollar ($) character.
By combining these three elements, you can select products from your catalogue.
Add as many conditions as you wish to refine your product selection. Two logical operators are available to enable you to do this:
- OR: The selected products fulfil the first condition or the next;
- AND: The selected products fulfil both the first and the next condition.
- Experiment with the different conditions to specify exactly those products that you are interested in.
- Use the counter to manage the number of products targetted by the counter, which is updated in real time.
- Avoid typing errors by copying and pasting directly from your product catalogue to specify a value.
There is two ways to complete a channel field:
- With "A single value"
It is possible to complete the same items as under "Attributes Matching" . i.e.:
- Specify a field in your product catalogue using the dollar ($) character.
- Provide a "hard coded" value by entering the text directly.
- Calling up a function.
- With a "Conversion list"
It is possible to transform a field’s value by matching it with a list of valid values provided by the channel or by amending directly your value with a new one.
On the right, select the field to transform. The list of values contained in this field will appear. Replace them (depending on the situation):
- by free text, or,
- by selecting one of the values imposed by the distributor.
Example: brands of more than 5 characters, brands under 5 characters ...
Make sure the total of affected products is 100% for the Brand attribute.
Add another action
You can add actions to different channel fields by clicking on "Add another action." The rule will then be saved and applied in respect of the other selected fields.
Applying rules to a specific period
Do you need your rule to apply to a specific period only? Select the dates when the rule will be active by selecting "Select date range." Once the date has passed, the rule will automatically be deactivated.
Naming your rule
Give the rule a specific name that will help you to identify it at a later stage, if creating several rules that apply to a single field.
Order of priority
Rules are always prioritised based on the values applied the entire product range.
The order of the rules is, of course, also significant. They are run in order from top to bottom. If two or more rules impact the same products, the lowest rule in the list will take priority over the others.
Activating/deactivating a rule
- Green: the rule is active.
- Grey: the rule is inactive.
If you know in advance the dates when a rule will apply, use a defined activation period.