Subscribe as a professional seller to distribute your products on Rakuten (click on the "How to register?" tab to view the instructions in English).
To distribute your products on Rakuten, check that your products catalogue contains the data normally required.Note: you don't have these values in your products catalogue? Contact the Lengow Support Team to find an alternative.
Add a channel catalogue
Add a PriceMinister channel catalogue in your Lengow account.
Match your categories with PriceMinister's using "Categories Matching".
Complete Attributes Matching
Match your products catalogue fields with the fields requested by the channel, based on fields definitions. If necessary, enter hard values, use functions and/or adapt the values by creating rules. For fields with valid values, select the suggested value or match with your products catalogue values.
If a value is missing, please contact your Rakuten account manager to ask for this value to be created.
Some fields are mandatory and must be completed for your products to be created or updated. Other fields are optional but Rakuten recommends you to fill them in to improve your products visibility.
Special features for Rakuten:
1. Set up your special offers/sales
1.1 Create a promotional/sales campaign in Rakuten
First, create a promotional/sales campaign in your Rakuten seller account. For any question, please contact your PriceMinister account manager.
To manage your promotions/sales, fill in the following fields in Lengow:
- productsCampaignId: campaign ID of the campaign created in Rakuten.
- productsCampaignRefPrice_campaign: pre-discounted price (original price).
- productsCampaignPrice_campaign: discounted price.
- productsCampaignPct_campaign (optional): discount percentage. Fill in this field if you want to "overwrite" your discount percentage.
Note: do not fill in these fields if your products are not on sale.
Sales: Rakuten advise you to set up your sales products in advance, read the calendar!
2. Delivery method and costs
2.1 Delivery methods
Here are the default delivery methods authorised by Rakuten:
- France: normal ("normal"), tracked ("suivi") and registered ("recommandé")
- France_Drom_Com: normal ("normal") and registered ("recommandé")
- Europe: normal ("normal") and registered ("recommandé")
- World: normal ("normal") and registered ("recommandé")
If you want to use other delivery methods, such as express_delivery, kiala et mondial_relay, please contact your Rakuten account manager to enable them. Then you can activate/deactivate them in your seller account PriceMinister.
2.2 Shipping costs
There are different methods to set up your shipping costs on Rakuten:
- Shipping costs for the whole catalogue
- Shipping costs per weight
- Customised shipping costs per product
Please define your method with your Rakuten account manager.
2.2.1 Shipping costs for the whole catalogue
Set up your shipping costs as follows: fixed basic amount for the sending + amount per product bought. Contact your Rakuten account manager so s/he sends you the grid to fill in. No action has to be taken in Lengow for this method.
2.2.2 Shipping costs per weight
Set up your shipping costs as follows: fixed basic amount for the sending + amount per product depending on its weight. Contact your Rakuten account manager so s/he sends you the grid to fill in.
In Lengow, go to the "Attributes" page and fill in the "poids" field with your product weight (in gram without any point or comma). Each product shipping cost is then calculated by Rakuten, based on the provided weight information.
2.2.3 Customised shipping costs per product
Set up shipping cost(s) for each of your products. This method is recommended by Rakuten as it is more flexible and completely customisable in Lengow.
Fill in the following fields to manage customised shipping costs:
- authorization: this field defines whether a delivery method is enabled or disabled. Select the value "1" to enable a specific delivery method.
- leader_price: provide your "leader" shipping costs for the chosen delivery method. The amount must be greater to 0. Do not fill in this attribute when the delivery method is disabled (0).
- follower_price: provide your "follower" shipping costs for the chosen delivery method. The amount must be greater to 0. Do not fill in this attribute when the delivery method is disabled (0).
In the example above:
- the delivery method "normal" in France is enabled.
- shipping costs for a product bought on its own will be 7 €.
- shipping costs per extra product bought will be 1 €.
A product is "leader" by default whenever it is ordered on its own. When an order contains several products, the product can be either "leader" or "follower":
- "leader": several ordered products and this product has the highest shipping cost in the cart. This latter cost will be therefore considered for the order.
- "follower": several products have been ordered but this product does not have the highest shipping cost. Its "follower" shipping cost will be added up to the total amount of the cart shipping costs.
Note: if you want to offer free shipping, please contact your Rakuten account manager to enable this option. Once this configuration done, the "free shipping" mention and shipping costs will be free for the cheapest shipping rate only.
3. Variation values
Rakuten accepts size and/or colour product variations.
To manage variations, fill in the following fields:
- sellerReference : unique identifier. Mandatory for all products.
- submitterreference: parent identifier (common to all variations of product). This field must be left empty for products which have no variations.
- color: product colour. Mandatory for products with colour variations.
- size: product size. Mandatory for products with size variations.
Manage your Exclusions
In addition to the usual instructions for exclusions, you must exclude for Rakuten:
- "Parent products" if your products catalogue contains any, since Rakuten does not want to receive parent files.
Preview your data
Check the data you are about to send to the channel at the "Preview" step.
Configure your Options
Configure options before sending your products catalogue to Rakuten.
Regarding the fields you have to fill in:
- PriceMinister login: Enter your Rakuten seller username here.
- PriceMinister token: Enter your Rakuten Token Developper here. To retrieve it go to your Rakuten back office : "Paramètres du compte" > "Tokens" > "Token de connexion". Click on "Générer un token". Then copy and paste this code.
Launch the channel catalogue
- Before sending your optimised catalogue to Rakuten:
- Check that your Rakuten online store has been created and opened.
Note: contact your Rakuten account manager if you have any question on this matter.
- Send your optimised catalogue to Rakuten.
Two distinct feeds are sent to Rakuten through API:
- Product Feed: enables products integration and creation. It is sent to Rakuten twice a day at around 12:30 pm and 6:30 pm. If your products are free from errors, they will be created on Rakuten and will appear online within 10 minutes, after the offer feed has been sent.
- Offer Feed: enables the update of prices, stock, etc. It is sent to Rakuten every 3 hours. When Rakuten receives the offer feed, data is updated almost immediately on Rakuten website.
Read Integration Reports
Read product and offer Integration Reports to check that your products are properly configured, either at product creation level (product feed) or updates (offer feed). These reports list only items which were rejected by Rakuten. For each product in error, Rakuten specifies the reason for the rejection.
Product and offer integration reports are available on Lengow : "Channel" tab > select "PriceMinister" > "Activity"
Errors on Offers Reports
1. Error code: 60, alias, description: L'alias est obligatoire pour les créations de produit
The error means that the product is not yet created on Priceminister or it is in error in the Product Report. Consult the latest Product Report in Lengow.
Errors on Products Reports
1. Error code: 60, attribute: poids, description: Cette valeur d'attribut "Moyen, de 350g Ã 1kg" n'est pas permise pour ce type de produit
The error means that the value sent for the attribute weight "poids" is not valid. Priceminister requires specific values on some attributes. Check the attributes definition in Lengow to solve this error.
2. Error code: 60, attribute: fabricant, description: Renseignez le champ Fabricant.
The error means the attribute manufacturer "fabricant" is missing. Complete this attribute to solve the error.
Edit a product file
- Edit "product data"
Contact your Rakuten account manager if you want to edit product data.
- Edit "offer data"
Data is automatically updated as soon as the offer feed is sent out.
Unpublish an offer
Manage your Rakuten orders
You can manage your orders in the Lengow platform.
1. Order retrieval
Lengow retrieves orders placed on Rakuten website every hour.
2. Order processing
Orders go through various statuses in Lengow while being processed:
- Waiting for acceptance. Here is what you can do at this stage:
- accept the order
- refuse the order
- Accepted: The order has been accepted by Rakuten. At this stage, you cannot carry out any action. The order's status will change automatically in "Waiting for shipment".
- Waiting for shipment. Here is what you can do at this stage:
- confirm order shipment. You must enter a tracking number and carrier to confirm the order shipment.
- Shipped : The order has been shipped.
- Cancelled. At this stage, you cannot carry out any action.
- email@example.com: use this e-mail address if you are new seller on Rakuten and you do not have any account manager yet.