This guide is for merchants using the new Lengow platform only.
The plugin is compatible from version 2.0 until 2.3.
Contact our Support Team to download the plugin.
1. Plugin install
1.1 Plugin install in Magento 2
Before installing/updating the plugin, follow our advice!
Note for Magento 2: It is recommended to enable the cache at "System" > "Cache Management" before installing any extension.
To install the plugin, follow these steps:
- Open the extension ZIP file and extract it to a directory on your computer (using a tool like WinRar, WinZIP or similar).
- Upload the extracted folders and files into the root directory of your Magento installation. The root directory of Magento is the folder that contains the directories "app", "bin", "lib" and more. (All folders should match the existing folder structure).
- Connect via SSH and run the following commands (make sure to run them as the user who owns the Magento files!):
- php bin/magento module:enable Lengow_Connector
- php bin/magento maintenance:enable ; php bin/magento setup:upgrade ; php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy ; php bin/magento maintenance:disable
- Go to "System" > "Cache Management" and click both the "Flush Magento Cache" as well as the "Flush Cache Storage" button. This is required to activate the extension.
1.2 Update the plugin version
Update process is the same as plugin installation process.
The plugin versions evolve regularly. Contact our Support team before any update to make sure the version and you settings are compatible with the platform.
Access the plugin
After installing the plugin, go to Magento and click on the "Lengow" tab (menu on the left) or "Configure" in the plugin interface.
1.3 Connect plugin to your Lengow account
Connection steps are the same for all of our CMS plugins/applications.
Please read them in our dedicated article: "Connect your Lengow account to a CMS plugin/application".
Once the connection has been done, on the homepage, you will find:
- an access to products to export to the Lengow platform
- an access to information on orders imported from Lengow
- the plugin main settings
- a Help Center access and contact to our Support Team
2. Set up your plugin in Lengow
How to access it? "Lengow" > "Global settings"
When you use the plugin for the first time, you will need to configure some settings.
2.1 Global settings
You will find:
- Information on your plugin version and find out whether an update is necessary.
- Account ID / Access token / Secret token: Details are entered automatically, please do not change them.
- Activate the authorisation by IP / Authorised IPs: Choose whether you want the export from the product catalogue to be protected by an IP address (instead of an authorisation by token). Where appropriate, specify the IPs which will have access to the export from the product catalogue.
- Tracker Product ID: select the product ID you send to channels with Lengow.
2.2 Products export settings
How to access it? "Lengow" tab > "Settings" >"Export settings" in the menu on the left, under "Lengow"
- Export selected products only: when this option is enabled, only selected products will be exported to your products catalogue.
- Select product type to export (configurable, simple, downloadable, grouped and/or virtual).
- Select status of product to export: limit your export to active products, inactive products or both.
- Select attributes to export: choose products fields to export. To select several fields, press and hold the "Ctrl" or "Command" keys.
- Select default shipping country for export.
- Define default shipping method to calculate shipping cost.
- Define default shipping cost if no correspondence is found.
- Merge images with parents products if available: when enabled, parent products images will be merged with child products'. It is limited up to five images.
- Save feed on file: enable this option if your catalogue contains many products (more than 3 000) or if your catalogue takes a long time to be generated. Your catalogue is then saved in a /media/lengow file in your Magento. Note: if you use a file, it is important to enable the scheduled task to keep it updated.
- Enable Magento cron: launches export every 4 hours. This option is useful when the "Save feed on file" feature is enabled, as it keeps your file updated. This option uses the Magento CRON system.
2.3 Orders import settings
How to access it? "Lengow" tab > "Settings" >"Import settings" in the menu on the left, under "Lengow"
- Synchronise all orders updated since: the maximum period (in days) on which the plugin comes to synchronise the orders. In the case of a cron synchronisation, the time interval is managed automatically by the plugin and is based on the date of the last successful synchronisation.
For example, if the last synchronisation was an hour ago, the plugin will only retrieve the last hours.
On the contrary, if the last synchronisation was 3 days ago, the plugin will synchronise on the last 3 days without ever exceeding the maximum number of days you have entered (it is recommended to leave this parameter on 3 days).
- Customer group: assign customers created during import to a specific customer group.
- Choose your shipping method: for orders shipped by marketplaces.
- Receive notifications whenever there are issues regarding order import
- Import orders shipped by marketplaces
- Enable Debug Mode: use Debug Mode to make test orders. You must enable this option ONLY on your preproduction server.
- Enable Magento cron: launches export every 30 minutes. This option is useful when the "Save feed on file" feature is enabled, as it keeps your file updated. This option uses the Magento CRON system.
How to access it? "Lengow" tab > "Products"
Select products you want to export to Lengow. For each of your Magento shops, choose whether you export all products or a selection of products.
Note: you will find here your Magento active products. If you delete or add a product, this will affect the number of exported products.
Click on the "Download" icon to download your products catalogue containing your selection of products.
Orders: set up your marketplaces orders
How to access it? "Lengow" tab > "Orders"
In this area, you will find:
- The number of orders in error and waiting for shipmentwhen there are some.
- Last synchronisation date with Lengow. You can perform a manual synchronisation by clicking on the "Synchronize Orders" button.
- An access to change the e-mail address to which error reports are sent.
- Your imported orders which you can filter (Lengow status, marketplace, order ID, ...)
- A command to re-import or re-send orders. Click on the dropping down menu near "Actions" and select your option.
3. Daily use recommendations
You can change:
- the number of products exported to the Lengow platform in the Products area.
- your products values (title, description, price, ...). Click on "Catalog" on the menu on the left.
Changes will be visible in the Lengow platform in the next products catalogue import.
Marketplace orders (status change) can be managed from the "Orders" tab (menu on the left).
For each of your orders from Lengow, you will find a new Lengow block with all the order information and the following actions:
- Re-import the order: recreate a new order and pass the current order through a Lengow technical error, but it's not worth further reducing stock.
- Resend the action: This allows you to resend the action to change the status of the order to Lengow. (Ideal for correcting an order import error, for example if you have just entered the tracking coli which had been forgotten).
- Re-synchronise the order: This allows you to remake the matching between Magento's order ID and the order ID in Lengow.
In the plugin, you will find marketplace orders. You can see:
- if the order has been correctly imported in Magento
- your orders status (in progress and closed)
If an order is not correctly imported in Magento, it will appear as "Not imported". Mouse over this message to know what is preventing import. Correct the bug and click on "Not imported" to re-import the order.
If you encounter troubles whilst solving problems, contact our Support Team.