To display your products on Rakuten, check that your products catalogue contains the data normally required.
Note: you don't have these values in your products catalogue? Contact our Support Team!
Add a channel catalogue
Follow our process in your Lengow account.
Match your categories with Rakuten's using "Categories Matching".
Complete Attributes Matching
Match your products catalogue fields with the fields requested by the channel, based on fields definitions. If necessary, enter hard values, use functions and/or adapt the values by creating rules. For fields with valid values, select the suggested value or match with your products catalogue values.
If a value is missing, please contact your Rakuten account manager to ask for this value to be created.
Some attributes are mandatory and must be completed for your products to be created or updated. Other attributes are optional but Rakuten recommends you to complete them to improve your products visibility.
Special features for Rakuten:
1. Set up your special offers/sales
To manage your promotions/sales, fill in the following fields in Lengow:
- price: crossed price (original price) of the product. If your products are not on sale, this field must be filled with your usual selling price.
- price_reduced: reduced price of the product.
- price_reduced_type = type of reduced price. Two possible values:
- "UVP" (recommended retail price) if the original price corresponds to the recommended selling price of the product.
- "VK" (Original Price is old selling price) if the original price corresponds to the old selling price of the product
2. Delivery methods
The "shipping_group" attribute must be completed with the delivery group number from your Rakuten back office.
Note: On the Rakuten back office, the limit is 20 delivery groups created.
3. Variation values
Rakuten accepts up to 5 variation types.
To manage variations, fill in the following fields:
- product_id = product ID
- parent_id = parent identifier (group variations under a common reference ID)
- variation_type (example: variation1_type) = name of the variation (ex: color)
- variation_value (example: variation1_value) = value of the variation (ex: blue)
Manage your Exclusions
Follow our dedicated guide on exclusion to manage yours.
Preview your data
Check the data you are about to send to the channel at the "Preview" step.
Configure your Options
Configure options before sending your products catalogue to Rakuten.
Regarding the fields you have to fill in:
- Authentication key: Fill in your Rakuten API key here.
To find it, go to your Rakuten seller account> click on the "Connect" tab> select "Shop API". Your API key is located at "API-Schlüssel". You can also click on this link to go directly to the relevant page on the Rakuten De side.
Launch the channel catalogue
- Before sending your optimised catalogue to Rakuten:
- Check that your Rakuten online store has been created and opened.
Note: contact your Rakuten account manager if you have any question on this matter.
- Send your optimised catalogue to Rakuten.
Two distinct feeds are sent to Rakuten through API:
- Product Feed: enables the integration and creation of products. It is transmitted to Rakuten once a day at 1:30 am.
- Offer Feed: enables the update of prices, stock, etc. It is sent to Rakuten every 4 hours.
Read Integration Reports
Read product and offer Integration Reports to check that your products are properly configured. These reports list only rejected items by Rakuten. For each product in error, Rakuten specifies the reason.
Product and offer integration reports are available in Lengow : "Channel" tab > select "Rakuten" > "Activity"
Edit a product file
- Edit "product data"
Contact your Rakuten account manager if you want to edit product data.
- Edit "offer data"
Data is automatically updated as soon as the offer feed is sent out.
Unpublish an offer
- To unpublish a product on Rakuten exclude the product from the optimized feed. More details here.
Manage your Rakuten orders
You can manage your orders in the Lengow platform.
1. Order retrieval
Lengow retrieves orders placed on Rakuten website every hour.
2. Order processing
Orders go through various statuses in Lengow while being processed:
- Waiting for acceptance. Here is what you can do at this stage:
- accept the order
- refuse the order
- Accepted: The order has been accepted by Rakuten. At this stage, you cannot carry out any action. The order's status will change automatically in "Waiting for shipment".
- Waiting for shipment. Here is what you can do at this stage:
- confirm order shipment. You must enter a tracking number and carrier to confirm the order shipment.
- Shipped : The order has been shipped.
- Cancelled. At this stage, you cannot carry out any action.
- email@example.com: use this e-mail address if you are new seller on Rakuten and you do not have any account manager yet, or firstname.lastname@example.org (dealer support department).