Register as a professional seller to sell your products on eBay.
Depending on countries and if you do not have an eBay Pro Store, please note that sending your products for creation may incur integration costs from eBay. If needed, please refer to the contract you have concluded with the marketplace.
We recommend you to regularly read the following eBay documentation:
To distribute your products on eBay, check that your products catalogue contains the data normally required.
Note: you don't have these values in your products catalogue? Contact the Lengow Support Team to find an alternative.
Add a channel catalogue
Add an eBay channel catalogue in your Lengow account.
Note: if you wish to sell your products in a country which is not available in Lengow, please contact our Support Team.
Connect your Lengow account to your eBay Pro Store
You must authorise Lengow to connect to your eBay Pro Store account before starting setup.
Click on the "Connect to" button - you will be redirected to eBay. Log in to your seller account and click on "I accept" to connect Lengow to eBay.
Once the authentication process is confirmed, you can start setting up eBay.
Match your categories with eBay's using "Categories Matching".
There are two Categories Matchings for eBay:
- Thesaurus 1 (mandatory): to match your categories with eBay's and classify your products.
- Thesaurus 2 (optional): to match your catalogue categories with categories you created in your eBay seller store.
Complete Attributes Matching
Match your products catalogue fields with the fields requested by the channel, based on fields definitions. If necessary, enter hard values, use functions and/or adapt the values by creating rules.
For fields with valid values, select the suggested value or match with your products catalogue values.
Some fields are mandatory and must be completed for your products to be distributed. Other fields are optional but eBay recommends you to fill them in to improve your products visibility.
Special features for eBay:
It is currently not possible to manage special offers/sales on eBay through Lengow. Only your selling price which you filled in the "Price" field, will be displayed on eBay.
2. Delivery method and costs
You may fill in up to 9 delivery methods for eBay:
- 4 domestic delivery methods
- 5 international delivery methods
To set up domestic shipping, please fill in the following fields:
You can offer free shipping for the first delivery cost only ("ShippingServiceCost1" attribute). Your product will be refused if you offer a second free shipping.
To set up international shipping, fill in the following fields:
3. Variation values
You can set up variations on any attribute (colour, size, material, etc.) for eBay. You can create up to 5 customised variations using the "Declinaison_name" and "Declinaison_value" attributes:
- Declinaison_value: provide a variation name you want to create and send to eBay (for example: "Colour").
- Declinaison_name: provide the variation value (for example: "Red").
Note: "Declinaison_name" attributes are automatically renamed with the name you provided for "Declinaison_value". This name will be sent to eBay:
Then fill in the variation attribute which has been created ("Colour" in the above example) with a value of your choice or match it with the related field in your products catalogue.
4. Products identifiers
To distribute your products on the marketplace, eBay defined specific products types for which one the following identifiers is mandatory:
Brand and/or manufacturer number (MPN) may be mandatory, depending on product category. For more information, please read the dedicated eBay documentation.
Note: this requirement already applies in the following countries: UK, US and DE and has applied since the 29th of February 2016 in FR, IT and ES.
If you have some products which do not have a EAN identifier, provide one of the following values in the "EAN" field, depending on country:
- US: Does not apply
- Canada: Does not apply
- UK: Does not apply
- Germany: Nicht zutreffend
- Australia: Does not apply
- France: Non applicable
- eBayMotors: Does not apply
- Italy: Non applicabile
- Netherlands: Niet van toepassing
- Spain: No aplicable
- India: Does not apply
- HongKong: 不适用
- Singapore: Does not apply
- Malaysia: Does not apply
- Philippines: Does not apply
- CanadaFrench: Non applicable
- Poland: Nie dotyczy
- Belgium_Dutch: Niet van toepassing
- Belgium_French: Non applicable
- Austria: Nicht zutreffend
- Switzerland: Nicht zutreffend
- Ireland: Does not apply
Manage your Exclusions
Follow the usual instructions for exclusions.
Preview your data
Check the data you are about to send to the channel at the "Preview" step.
Configure your Options
Configure options before sending your products catalogue to eBay.
- PayPal ID: provide your PayPal e-mail address. This data is mandatory.
- Adapt you SKU for multi-country (optional): if you sell your products on different eBay countries, your products identifiers must be unique for each country. If you want to sell your products on different eBay websites and do not have product identifiers for each country, enable this feature to create unique ones for each country.
Launch the channel catalogue
Send your optimised catalogue to eBay.
Two distinct feeds are sent to eBay through API:
- Product Feed: enables products integration and creation. It is sent to eBay once a day.
- Offer Feed: enables prices and stock updates. It is sent to eBay every 5 hours.
Read Integration Reports
Read product and offer Integration Reports to check that your products are properly configured, either at product creation level (product feed) or updates (offer feed). These reports list only items which were rejected by eBay. For each product in error, eBay specifies the reason for the rejection.
Products and offers integration reports are available in your Lengow account: "Channels" tab > choose eBay > click on "Activity".
Edit a product file
- Edit "product data"
Data is automatically updated as soon as the products feed is sent out.
- Edit "offer data"
Data is automatically updated as soon as the offer feed is sent out.
Unpublish/Delete an offer
Note: when you stop advertising a product on eBay, the offer is also deleted from your back office.
Manage your eBay orders
You can manage your orders in the Lengow platform.
1. Order retrieval
Lengow retrieves orders placed on eBay every 3 hours.
2. Order processing
Orders go through various statuses in Lengow while being processed.
3. Statuses of eBay orders
Here is the list of eBay statuses corresponding to orders statuses in Lengow:
"New": at this stage, order is awaiting payment confirmation by eBay.
Note: it is not possible to accept eBay orders. As soon as payment is confirmed by eBay, status automatically becomes "Waiting for shipment".
"Waiting shipment": order is waiting for shipment. During this status, you can confirm the shipment of the order and enter the carrier and the parcel tracking number/URL.
"SHIPPED": "sent". Order has been sent and shipment is in progress.
"CANCELLED": order cancelled by merchant or customer.
Note: it is not possible to cancel an eBay order from your Lengow account. Go to your eBay back office to open an "incident" with the buyer.
- eBay Online Support
- Get off the right start
- Create an eBay Store
- Tips to optimise your eBay store
- Accept Global Shipping Terms: https://scgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?UserAgreement&agrid=7&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fmy.ebay.co.uk%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FMyEbay&aid=1&fId=4
- Tutorial on eBay's intellectual property policies