From late January 2019, eBay plans to block the "New," "relist," "sell similar," and "sell one like this" listings created with non-secure HTTP content
This is to be in compliance with Google's HTTPS protocol.
Register as a professional seller to sell your products on eBay.
To distribute your products on eBay, check that your products catalogue contains the data normally required.
Note: you don't have these values in your products catalogue? Contact the Lengow Support Team to find an alternative.
Depending on countries and if you do not have an eBay Pro Store, please note that sending your products for creation may incur integration costs from eBay. If needed, please refer to the contract you have concluded with the marketplace.
We recommend you to regularly read the following eBay documentation:
Add a channel catalogue
Add an eBay channel catalogue in your Lengow account.
Note: if you wish to sell your products in a country which is not available in Lengow, please contact our Support Team.
Connect your Lengow account to your eBay Pro Store
You must authorise Lengow to connect to your eBay Pro Store account before starting setup.
Click on the "Connect to" button - you will be redirected to eBay. Log in to your seller account and click on "I accept" to connect Lengow to eBay.
Once the authentication process is confirmed, you can start setting up eBay.
Match your categories with eBay's using "Categories Matching".
There are two Categories Matchings for eBay:
- Thesaurus 1 (mandatory): to match your categories with eBay's and classify your products.
- Thesaurus 2 (optional): to match your catalogue categories with categories you created in your eBay seller store.
Complete Attributes Matching
Match your products catalogue fields with the fields requested by the channel, based on fields definitions. If necessary, enter hard values, use functions and/or adapt the values by creating rules.
For fields with valid values, select the suggested value or match with your products catalogue values.
Some fields are mandatory and must be completed for your products to be distributed. Other fields are optional but eBay recommends you to fill them in to improve your products visibility.
Special features for eBay:
If you manage your promotions through the eBay "Promotion Manager" tool complete the attribute below in Lengow:
- "isonpromotion": accepted value TRUE or FALSE.
If only some products are on sale, consider setting a condition on the attribute to not impact the other products with the value TRUE.
Lengow will not overwrite the prices of products that have the mention "TRUE" on the attribute "isonpromotion".
2. Delivery method and costs
You may fill in up to 9 delivery methods for eBay:
- 4 domestic delivery methods
- 5 international delivery methods
To set up domestic shipping, please fill in the following fields:
You can offer free shipping for the first delivery cost only ("ShippingServiceCost1" attribute). Your product will be refused if you offer a second free shipping.
To set up international shipping, fill in the following fields:
3. Variation values
In addition to the "mandatory" attributes (Attr_XXX) located in your categories and subcategories, you can send your variations to eBay and create a drop-down menu on the card of your product:
- For this, use the attributes "Declinaison_name" and "Declinaison_value" located at the end of the list attributes of the main categories in Lengow (click to enlarge):
- Declinaison_value: Specify the name of the declination attribute that you want to create and pass to eBay (example: "Dominant color")
- Declinaison_name: Fill in the declination value by matching a field of your source stream (example: $ COLOR) or create an automatic rule.
- You can create up to 5 custom declination attributes by category
Note: It is not recommended to send the same variation titles as the attributes displayed in your eBay channel.
Example: If a size attribute (ATTR_size) already exists for the category and you want to set a size variation on the product sheet, name your variation "Sizes" or "Available sizes" and NOT "size".
Note that the attributes (ATTR_) categories proposed by eBay are mainly used to create the search filters (and thus to bring the buyer more easily on your product sheets):
4. Products identifiers
To distribute your products on the marketplace, eBay defined specific products types for which one the following identifiers is mandatory:
Brand and/or manufacturer number (MPN) may be mandatory, depending on product category. For more information, please read the dedicated eBay documentation.
Note: this requirement already applies to the following countries: UK, US and DE and has been applied since February, 2016 to FR, IT and ES.
If you have some products which do not have a EAN/GTIN identifier, provide one of the following values in the "EAN" field, depending on country:
- US: Does not apply
- Canada: Does not apply
- UK: Does not apply
- Germany: Nicht zutreffend
- Australia: Does not apply
- France: Non applicable
- eBayMotors: Does not apply
- Italy: Non applicabile
- Netherlands: Niet van toepassing
- Spain: No aplicable
- India: Does not apply
- HongKong: 不适用
- Singapore: Does not apply
- Malaysia: Does not apply
- Philippines: Does not apply
- CanadaFrench: Non applicable
- Poland: Nie dotyczy
- Belgium_Dutch: Niet van toepassing
- Belgium_French: Non applicable
- Austria: Nicht zutreffend
- Switzerland: Nicht zutreffend
- Ireland: Does not apply
It is mandatory to send eBay at least one image per product to ensure its display.
- Minimal size authorized is 500 pixels.
- Minimal recommended size is 1 600 pixels
Note: eBay recommends using Pixelz to make your images conform to marketplace standards (remove borders, text, and other artwork on your images).
More info on eBay documentation.
6. eBay Template
The Lengow platform does not support the creation of eBay Template to customize the design of your product listings on the marketplace.
However you can integrate HTML code in eBay description attribute to generate a customization of this attribute.
- By implementing the complete HTML code of your template (created via another interface) on the attribute "description".
- Or you already have a field in your product catalogue that already contains this HTML code and you match this field with eBay's "description" attribute.
Note: When creating your Template (on another interface), if you integrate it in Lengow, know that you can dynamically call the fields of your source feed! Remember to use the $ symbol when creating your template. Thus, when integrated into eBay's description attribute, the values called by the $ symbol will automatically be reflected in the created template.
Read our dedicated guide on Attributes Matching!
Manage your Exclusions
Follow the usual instructions for exclusions.
Preview your data
Check the data you are about to send to the channel at the "Preview" step.
Configure your Options
Configure options before sending your products catalogue to eBay.
- PayPal ID: provide your PayPal e-mail address. This data is mandatory.
- Adapt you SKU for multi-country (optional): if you sell your products on different eBay countries, your products identifiers must be unique for each country. If you want to sell your products on different eBay websites and do not have product identifiers for each country, enable this feature to create unique ones for each country.
Launch the channel catalogue
To launch the first feed to eBay, click on "Launch"
Then, two distinct feeds will automatically be sent to eBay:
Read Integration Reports
Read product and offer Integration Reports to check that your products are properly configured, either at product creation level (product feed) or updates (offer feed).
These reports list only items which were rejected by eBay. For each product in error, eBay specifies the reason for the rejection.
Products and offers integration reports are available in your Lengow account:"Channels" tab > choose eBay > click on "Activity".
Main errors and their resolution
In each integration report available on Lengow, you will find:
- the product id concerned
- the error / alert message
- the type (error or alert)
- the time the report was received by Lengow in the interface.
The main errors and how to resolve them:
Solve and prevent the error 21919303:
- Check that the Brand attribute is correctly populated in Lengow for the product in question.
- Use Preview to easily view the filled / missing value.
- Enter a valid value and resend the feed to eBay.
- Make sure the brand is valid and does not match the product model (for example: Brand = Apple, Model = iPhone 5C)
- If the object does not have a brand, use the expression "no brand"
Solve and prevent the error:
- Use only alphanumeric characters
- Use the most accurate manufacturer references. For example, different colors of a product must be associated with different manufacturer references
- The reference should not include the words "for", "compatible", "see description", etc.
Error Message: Product XXXXX is a parent product associate with a categorie that doesn't handle variations, so it will be ignored.
This error means that the eBay category of the product concerned does not accept variations. eBay rejects the "parent" product sent.
Solve and prevent the error:
- Check that the "parent" products are excluded from the feed sent to eBay for this category and resend the feed to eBay for correction.
Tip: Use this site to check with eBay's category code whether or not it accepts variations.
Error Message:DispatchTimeMax value is not valid : 7
This error means that the value "7" of the DispatchTimeMax attribute (preparation time before sending the order in working days) is not accepted.
Only values: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 15, ou 20 are accepted by ebay.
Solve and prevent the error:
- Check the value entered for the DispatchTimeMax attribute and correct. Resend the feed to eBay for the correction.
Error Message: CategoryID value is not valid : "XXXXX > XXXXX"
eBay rejects the received category value because it does not match a category code expected by the marketplace.
It seems the Matching Category has not been done in Lengow for this category because eBay is expecting a numeric code instead.
Solve and prevent the error:
- Check the value entered for the product concerned via the Preview.
- Perform category matching of the category concerned and resend the feed to eBay for correction
Warning Message: code 21919456 : For multi-version ads, the value of the international material code must be specified for each version.
The problem lies with the attribute "Product Code" (EAN, UPC, ISBN, MPN or Brand) which is not valid for the product sent.
A version for eBay is a variation, a "child" product.
- This message is a Warning, which does not prevent the publication of the product.
However, it is usually accompanied by the error 21919301: The EAN field has not been filled.
Solve and prevent the error:
- Check the entered value for the EAN, MPN, and Brand attributes
- If these attributes are correctly filled in, it is possible that the product is still being integrated on the eBay side. Resend a feed to the marketplace and wait for the next report
- Check the publication of your product on eBay
Error message:Token is marked as "Expired"
The token used to link your ebay seller shop to Lengow has expired or is not valid.
- Check in your seller shop the token and re-activate it.
- Complete the API Options in your Lengow feed to re-link your ebay seller shop to Lengow.
Edit a product file
- Edit "product data"
Data is automatically updated as soon as the products feed is sent out.
- Edit "offer data"
Data is automatically updated as soon as the offer feed is sent out.
Unpublish/Delete an offer
Note: when you stop advertising a product on eBay, the offer is also deleted from your back office.
Manage your eBay orders
You can manage your orders in the Lengow platform.
Note that eBay orders are imported by country. It means that you need to add an ebay feed per country in Lengow to get all the orders placed on the different eBay platforms on which you display your products.
1. Order retrieval
Lengow retrieves orders placed on eBay every 3 hours.
2. Order processing
Orders go through various statuses in Lengow while being processed.
3. Statuses of eBay orders
Here is the list of eBay statuses corresponding to orders statuses in Lengow:
1. New order
- "New": at this stage, order is awaiting payment confirmation by eBay.
Note: it is not possible to accept eBay orders. As soon as payment is confirmed by eBay, status automatically becomes "Waiting for shipment".
2. Waiting shipment
- "WAITING SHIPMENT": order is waiting for shipment. During this status, you can confirm the shipment of the order and enter the carrier and the parcel tracking number/URL.
- "SHIPPED": "sent". Order has been sent and shipment is in progress.
- "CANCELLED": order cancelled by merchant or customer.
Note: it is not possible to cancel an eBay order from your Lengow account. Go to your eBay back office to open an "incident" with the buyer.