What's the use?
Google Adwords allows you to display text ads related to your site and/or products in response to queries made on Google's search engine.
Google Adwords campaigns are powerful. They also require advertisers daily attention. For e-merchants, these campaigns management can quickly become tedious.
In addition, Google has developed for e-merchants Dynamic Search Ads (DSA). Two systems coexist:
- The classic DSA. This system uses the content of the e-commerce site to dynamically trigger ads based on requests from users.
- The DSA with targeting based on data feed which is recorded and regularly updated in Google.
The latter is preferred, because it makes available to Google updated data and thus avoids problems of stock and traffic for unavailable products. It also helps to better control the data in ads.
This present article will focus on the DSA with targeting based on data feed.
How to display my products with Google Dynamic Search Ads?
To display your products into search results via Dynamic Search Ads, two sources are required in Lengow:
- One Google Shopping catalogue
- One Google Dynamic Ads catalogue (it contains only 2 fields: "PageURL" and "Custom label").
Set up the Google Dynamic Ads catalogue
With the Google Dynamic Ads catalogue, you’ll indicate precisely URLs that have to be used in dynamic ads on Google Search Network, thanks to labels associated to these urls.
By doing so, you help Google to choose when to display your ads, and where to lead users on your website.
These URLs can be set up from Lengow.
We advise you to add custom labels to URL with this catalogue in order to class and organise targets for your dynamic campaigns on the Search Network.
In Lengow, define labels according to your campaign needs (with Rules for example). Once the feed has been pushed to Google, campaign management has to be done in Google.
The page feed data template mentioned in the "Before you begin" section refers to the Google Dynamic Ads catalog that you have opened and set up in Lengow.
In your Google Shopping catalogue
Use your Google Shopping catalogue to create specific titles, add required attributes or create customs Labels to improve your campaigns and gain a better ROI.
Products you may want to suspend or exclude from your campaigns if:
Stock is lower than 5 units
In this case, the product will be reactivated as soon as stock will be greater or equal to 5 units.
- No stock
- Products without EAN code
- Exclude products from a specific brand
Automate your ads update
There are two ways to update your ads:
- Option #1: Display your ads according to stock information, using both:
- Lengow feed: Google Dynamic Ads catalogue (see above).
- Adwords script in Google.
Read more details about this option in our article: "Automate your stock management on AdWords"
- Option #2: Customise your ads in real time, using both:
Read all the details in our article "Automate your ad updates with AdWords".