Before starting the setting make sure you have followed the onboarding process.
As a reminder, the "MasterData" file has to be sent to the Lengow Support to be integrated in your Lengow account.
Each time the "MasterData" has changes, the file has to be sent to the Lengow Support to be integrated in the platform.
Add a channel catalogue
The Lengow Support team is responsible for adding the new Zalando feed as soon as the "MasterData" file has been integrated into the platform.
Match your categories with But's using "Categories Matching".
Only categories from the "MasterData" file, which are given by Zalando and called "Silhouettes" will be present in the taxonomy.
If you don't find a desired category, it's because Zalando doesn't allow you to sell products in this category. If this isn't normal, contact your Zalando account manager.
Complete Attributes Matching
Attributes allow to better describe the product and to optimise the search for it on the site by the user.
If necessary, enter hard values, use functions and/or adapt the values by creating rules. For fields with valid values, select the suggested value or match with your products catalogue values.
Some fields are mandatory and must be completed for your products to be created or updated. Other fields are optional and won't impact the display of your products.
1. Set up your special offers/sales
To set up special offers/sales, fill in the following fields:
- currentSalesPrice: discounted price of your product. If your product is not discounted, this field must be filled in with your usual selling price.
- previousSalesPrice: strikethrough price of your product (original price). Mandatory field. Indicate the same value as "currentSalesPrice" if your porduct isn't on promotion.
Zalando doesn't require to get sales offers in advance.
Make sure your on sale prices are in your optimised feed from the morning of the first day of sales period.
2. Variation values
2.1 Common fields
- partnerArticleModelId: your id parent (id which is common to all variations from the same product).
Note: This field has to be filled in. If your products doesn't have any variation, fill this field in with the id of your product.
2.2 Specific fields per products category
A matching has to be done for color, size and material attributes. If you catalogue includes these values, you can use the conversion list through a rule for the concerned attribute.
Note #1: All of your products must be correctly set. If a variation is badly set up (for example a size which doesn't contain a value expected by Zalando), then all the variations of the product'll be unpublished.
Note #2: For products with variations, titles shouldn't contain any notion of variation.
There are three attributes for colour:
- mainColorCode: Main colours (mandatory)
- secondColorCode: Secondary colours (optional)
- thirdColorCode: Tertiary colours (optional)
There are two attributes for size:
- size: your size
- sizeRegister: your size type
There are two attributes for material:
- upper_material_clothing: (mandatory) allows to fill in different material for one product.
- MainMaterial: (optional) it can only contain one material code
3. Shipping costs
Contact your Zalando account manager to set your shipping costs.
4. Other specificities
Other attributes have certain peculiarities:
- specialDescription: This field's values aren't displayed on Zalando product page. Use this field to send to Zalando technical details, which are specific to your product. Zalando request the text to be written in English or German language.
Note: the pipe symbol "|" is blocking for this field, use commas to separate several pieces of information.
- image: 7 images are possible per variation.
- ean: The EAN code is mandatory
Manage your Exclusions
Zalando recommends excluding:
- Products you don't want to sell on this marketplace.
- Products not authorized by Zalando.
- "Parent products" if your catalogue includes some.
In case of a first set up
Send only a few products to start. This'll allow you to make sure that Zalando's integration returns are good and will make it easier for you to identify the corrections to identifiy the corrections to be made to the settings.
Preview your data
Check the data you are about to send to the channel at the "Preview" step.
Configure your Options
Configure options before sending your products catalogue to the channel.
Launch the channel catalogue
- 1er launch: When your feed is ready for integration, contact your Zalando account manager AND the Lengow Support to launch the display of your products.
Then, two distinct feeds are sent to Zalando through API:
- Catalogue update: Zalando gets your catalog every day at 01:00 am.
- Stock update: Stocks (only) are updated every hour.
Read Integration Reports
Read product and offer Integration Reports to check that your products are properly configured, either at product creation level (product feed) or updates (offer feed). These reports list only items which were rejected by Zalando. For each product in error, Zalando specifies the reason for the rejection.
Product and offer integration reports are available and downloadable from:
- Lengow: "Channel" tab > select "Zalando" > click on "Activity"
If a variation of the same product is incorrectly configured, all products linked together won't be published.
Unpublish/Delete an offer
Zalando works by overwriting, that is to say that the offer disappears from your Zalando back office as soon as it is no longer present in your optimised catalog.
- To delete an offer from Zalando website, indicates 0 units as a quantity.
Note: indicating a quantity at zero for the product does not remove the product but displays it in "out of stock" on Zalando.
Manage your Zalando orders
You can manage your orders from the Lengow platform.
Lengow retrieves orders placed on Zalando every hour.
1. Order processing
Orders go through various statuses in Lengow while being processed.
2. Statuses of Zalando orders
Here is the list of orders statuses divided according to Lengow statuses that you may find in the platform:
- "NEW": It is Zalando who is in charge of approving the order, not the merchant.
- "APPROVED": the order is approved. You can then proceed with the shipment of the order, import it into your back office or cancel it.
- "SHIPPED": “sent" status, the order is sent and is in transit. At this status you can report a "returned" order. Wait until you receive the product to perform this action. Lengow informs Zalando that the product has been returned and the customer'll be refunded.
- "RETURNED": The order was returned by the customer
- "CANCELLED": the order has been canceled by the merchant or the customer.
Zalando requires specific documents to be added to the package of the order. These documents are available directly from the Lengow Orders API when your order has the "Approved" status ("Accepted" in Lengow):
- the invoice
- the delivery form
- the right of return
If you don't want/can't use the Lengow Orders API, you can edit these documents on your own. Contact Zalando for details about them.
The MasterData file is provided directly by Zalando and is integrated with your Lengow feed. This file includes all Zalando valid values for your products. Each "MasterData" is unique and personalized by your Zalando Account Manager.
The values contained in your "MasterData" may change over time. These changes will not be automatically updated in Lengow. As soon as your "MasterData" evolves, contact the Lengow Support to add the new data to your Lengow feed.
The "MasterData" contains the information expected by Zalando for your products:
- Your silhouettes, that is to say categories where you can sell your products on Zalando ("silhouettes").
- Your brands ("brands")
- Your seasons ("seasons")
- Your genders ("genders")
- Your age groups ("ageGroups")
- Your colours ("colors")
- Your materials ("materials")
- Your sizes ("sizeGrids)
- Your lengths (lengthGrids")
If you don't use Lengow's matching features, it is in this file that you can retrieve values to insert into your source catalogue directly.