Before beginning set-up make sure you have followed the onboarding process.
As a reminder, the "MasterData" file has to be sent to the Lengow Support to be integrated in your Lengow account.
Each time the "MasterData" has changed, the file has to be re-sent to the Lengow Support to be integrated in the platform.
Add a channel catalogue
The Lengow Support team is responsible for adding the new Zalando feed as soon as the "MasterData" file has been integrated into the platform.
Match your categories with with those expected by Zalando via "Categories Matching".
Only categories from the "MasterData" file, which are given by Zalando and called "Silhouettes" will be present in the taxonomy.
If you don't find a desired category, it's because Zalando doesn't allow you to sell products in this category. If something doesn’t seem right, contact your Zalando account manager.
Complete Attributes Matching
Attributes allow to better describe a product and optimise how easily a user finds your product on Zalando.
If necessary, enter hard values, use functions and/or adapt the values by creating rules. For fields with valid values, select the suggested value or match with your products catalogue values.
Some fields are mandatory and must be completed for your products to be created or updated. Other fields are optional and won't impact the display of your products.
1. Set up your special offers/sales
To set up special offers/sales, fill in the following fields:
- currentSalesPrice: discounted price of your product. If your product is not discounted, this field must be completed with your usual selling price.
- previousSalesPrice: strikethrough price of your product (original price). Mandatory field. Indicate the same value as "currentSalesPrice" if your porduct isn't on promotion.
Zalando doesn't require you to provide sales offers in advance.
Your on-sale prices must be in your optimised feed from the morning of the first day of sales period.
2. Variation values
2.1 Common fields
- partnerArticleModelId: your id parent (id which is common to all variations from the same product).
Note: This field has to be filled in. If your product doesn't have any variations, fill this field in with the product ID.
2.2 Specific fields per products category
Matching has to be completed for colour, size and material attributes. If your product catalogue includes these values, you can use the conversion list through a rule for the concerned attribute.
Note #1: All products must be correctly configured. If a variation is set up incorrectly (e.g. a size which doesn't contain a value expected by Zalando), then all the variations of the product will be unpublished.
Note #2: For products with variations, titles shouldn't contain any notion of variation.
There are three attributes for colour:
- mainColorCode: Main colours (mandatory)
- secondColorCode: Secondary colours (optional)
- thirdColorCode: Tertiary colours (optional)
There are two attributes for size:
- size: your size
- sizeRegister: your size type
There are two attributes for materials:
- upper_material_clothing: (mandatory) allows to fill in different materials for one product.
- MainMaterial: (optional) it can only contain one material code
3. Shipping costs
Contact your Zalando account manager to set your shipping costs.
4. Stock - Switzerland and Belgium focus
You are selling your products in Switzerland on both German (de-CH) and French (fr-CH) versions and/or in Belgium on both Dutch (nl-BE) and French versions (fr-CH)?
You must update stock for the same article (EAN) with the same value for both languages/subchannels in Switzerland and/or Belgium.
If Zalando receives a stock update (EAN) that doesn’t match for the product, the latest stock update from a particular locale will then be taken and copied to its corresponding locale.
See this example for Switzerland:
5. Other specificities
Other attributes have certain peculiarities:
- specialDescription: This field's values aren't displayed on Zalando product page. Use this field to send technical details to Zalando, which are specific to your product. Zalando requests the text to be written in English or German language.
Note: the pipe symbol "|" is blocking for this field, use commas to separate several pieces of information.
- image: 7 images are possible per variation.
- ean: The EAN code is mandatory
Manage your Exclusions
Zalando recommends excluding:
- Products you don't want to sell on this marketplace.
- Products not authorized by Zalando.
- "Parent products" if your catalogue includes some.
During the first set up
Send only a few products to start. This will allow you to make sure that Zalando's integration returns are good and will make it easier for you to identify the corrections to identifiy the corrections to be made to the configuration.
Preview your data
Check the data you are about to send to the channel at the "Preview" step.
Configure your Options
Configure options before sending your product catalogue to the channel.
Launch the channel catalogue
- First launch: When your feed is ready for integration, contact your Zalando account manager AND the Lengow Support to launch the display of your products.
Two distinct feeds will be sent to Zalando via API:
- Catalogue update: Zalando gets your catalog every day at 01:00 am.
- Stock update: Stock (only) is updated every hour.
Read Integration Reports
Read Integration Reports to check that your products are properly configured at both the product creation level (product feed) and for updates (offer feed). These reports list only items which were rejected by Zalando. For each product in error, Zalando specifies the reason for the rejection.
Product and offer integration reports can be downloaded from:
- Lengow: "Channel" tab > select "Zalando" > click on "Activity"
If a variation of the same product is incorrectly configured, all products linked together won't be published.
Unpublish/Delete an offer
Zalando works by overwriting, in other words, the offer disappears from your Zalando back office as soon as it is no longer present in your optimised catalog.
- To delete an offer from Zalando, indicate 0 units as a quantity.
Note: indicating 0 units of a product does not remove the product but displays it as "out of stock" on Zalando.
Manage your Zalando orders
You can manage your orders from the Lengow platform.
Lengow retrieves orders placed on Zalando every hour.
1. Order processing
Orders go through various statuses in Lengow while being processed.
2. Zalando order statuses
Here is the list of orders statuses broken down with the corresponding Lengow statuses that you’ll see in the platform:
- "NEW": It is Zalando who is in charge of approving the order, not the merchant.
- "APPROVED": the order is approved. You can then proceed to ship the order, import it into your back office or cancel it.
- "SHIPPED": the order is sent and in transit. At this status you can report a "returned" order. Wait until you receive the product to perform this action. Lengow informs Zalando that the product has been returned and the customer'll be refunded.
- "RETURNED": The order was returned by the customer
- "CANCELLED": the order has been canceled by the merchant or the customer.
Zalando requires specific documents to be added to the package of the order. These documents are available directly from the Lengow Orders API when your order has the "Approved" status ("Accepted" in Lengow):
- delivery form
- return slip
If you don't wish to use the Lengow Orders API, you can access these documents on Zalando. Contact Zalando for further details.
The MasterData file is provided by Zalando and integrated in your Lengow feed. This file includes all Zalando valid values for your products. Every "MasterData" file is unique and personalized by your Zalando Account Manager.
The values contained in your "MasterData" may change over time. These changes will not be automatically updated in Lengow. If your "MasterData" evolves, contact the Lengow support team to add the new data to your Lengow feed.
The "MasterData" file contains the information expected by Zalando for your products:
- Your silhouettes, i.e. categories in which you can sell your products on Zalando ("silhouettes").
- Your brands ("brands")
- Your seasons ("seasons")
- Your genders ("genders")
- Your age groups ("ageGroups")
- Your colours ("colors")
- Your materials ("materials")
- Your sizes ("sizeGrids)
- Your lengths (lengthGrids")
If you don't use Lengow's matching features, you can retrieve the values to insert into your source catalogue from this file.